With your Otis Library card you can check out e-books to your Nook, Kindle, iPad, tablet, smart phone or desktop! Here is a list of supported devices. Let me give you a relatively short rundown on the service...
1. You need a current, valid Otis Library card or one from the LION consortium Listed Here
2. To browse the current e-book offerings, which are constantly being updated, to see if they are of interest to you Click Here
3. There are a variety of help pages in the left hand column of the page.
4. There are a limited number of titles of each book, you may have to put it on hold because someone else may be reading it currently. You can limit your search to only ones that are available for checkout immediately.
5. Kindle has just been added to the service in the past couple of weeks. It appears that you do need to set up an Amazon account. It was very quick for us though.
Just a reminder...some of the items are audio books. Make sure you are downloading the proper format for your E-Reader. We have found through trial and error, that if you download a Kindle book to your Nook...it doesn't work!
If you need us to walk you through any steps have your Otis or LION Library card number handy. Call us at 860-889-2365 and press #2 for the Reference Department.